Wednesday, September 3, 2008

back to the grind...and this blog

Okay, I've been seriously slacking on this blog, so with school starting back up it's time to get my ass in gear again. I'm taking Visual and Verbal Rhetoric. The first class went well. The work doesn't seem too heavy (of course now it will wind up that way since I said that) and we got out early, so that put a smile on my face. The class is geared toward the analysis of writing more than actually designing anything, so the fact that i still have some freelance stuff going on should satisfy my appetite for design this semester.

Football!!
I can't even tell you how stoked I am for football this season. I realize my Redskins will probably need a year or two under Zorn to get his offense down (my one buddy predicted 3-6 wins this year), but I love the fall weather and football season, so I'm excited nonetheless.
We had our fantasy draft on Saturday night. I drafted 12th out of 12 teams for the second year in a row, so that blew, but I did keep Adrian Petersen from the prior year, so that helped my first round outlook. With the snaking draft board, it just sucks picking 12, 13, and then having 22 picks between your next two selections. My team looks like this:

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 D, and 1 K.

Drew Brees
Jeff Garcia
Adrian Petersen (keeper)
Jamal Lewis
Edgerrin James
Chris Johnson
Jerious Norwood
Wes Welker
Jerricho Cotchery
Donald Driver
Vincent Jackson
Reggie Williams
Owen Daniels
Ben Watson
Arizona D
Jeff Reed

One thing about my league that I can't fucking stand...guys who draft a few spots before me are always like, "is so-and-so available??", and then they don't pick that guy...who happens to be someone I am eyeing up to draft. That shit is just wrong. First and foremost because now they gave the other idiots ahead of me an idea of who to pick, and second of all because they should be paying attention!! As commissioner, i may have to make some sort of "idiot rule" for next year, or have my IT buddy build a program to show the players who are still available.

...and lastly

I'll try to blog more this semester than what I have been this summer. Of course if I didn't do another one until December, that would still be more, but you catch my drift.

No comments: