Thursday, July 17, 2008

projects; this and that

Projects:
I've been keeping busy this summer without taking classes. I've officially had 3 freelance projects I've been working on, with 2 more on the horizon before the Fall. I'm certainly getting my fill of brochures. Out of the 5 projects, 3 of them are for brochures. The project I'm currently working on is for the Moms Club of Bel Air and their 2nd annual vendor fair to benefit the Casey Cares Foundation (benefits critically ill children). It involves 3 pieces: flyer, brochure, and bookmark. I almost have the flyer finished and just got a great idea for the other pieces last night. Everything is based off of this great image I found of a child opening a holiday gift. Next up is a revision of a shitty....yep, you guessed it...brochure. Practice makes perfect...I just have to find out the best way/printer to get the duplex so the sides match up.

This and That:
  1. I just had a revelation this morning that my life will be busy for the next 18 years at least. I guess I always have in the back of my mind that I just need to get through the day so that tomorrow I can relax. Shit...with two kids, projects, home fix-ups, and all the other crap that goes on in life...that's a pipe dream, but I wouldn't trade being busy for the world. I do think it is valuable to stop and smell the roses before I turn around at 50 and wonder where the time went.
  2. Kind of related to above, but every once in awhile I get a serious yearn to head out with friends for a few drinks. Once I'm out, I miss my boys at home and get a serious yearn to be home with them. Grass is always greener...never truer words spoken.
  3. I'm so looking forward to Fantasy Football this year. Bout time I reclaimed my throne.
  4. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!
  5. I think that the O's need to convert Adam Loewen to a 1st basemen after his latest arm injury. Look, the guy could have been drafted as a hitter or pitcher (ala Nick Markakis) and has said in the past that he likes playing in national league parks because he gets to hit. This is definitely a stretch, and not to say that he'd be another Rick Ankiel, but the guy is big, he's left-handed, and this might be a way for the O's to get a great return on his big contract and for him to save his career. It certainly wouldn't hurt to give the guy some at bats in the minors on his way back from this arm injury. The guy was a great power hitter prior to being drafted...let's see what he has and improve our position-player depth!





3 comments:

Markorama said...

Looks like you were right on about LOEWEN, He was apparently a pretty good hitter before he was drafted,

God know they need a 1b

CB said...

yeah, looks like they'll be trying him as an outfielder...not like they need one with the way Scott, Jones, and Markakis are playing. I think he hit like .353 with 43 rbi's in like 52 games in junior college. It's just been since 2003 since he's hit. If he had the hand-eye coordination back then, it shouldn't be too hard to regain, but will the power return? We'll see.

Markorama said...

what are you taking this fall?