Thursday, June 12, 2008

this and that

I've been really bad about maintaining the blog the last two weeks or so. My apologies to my wide fan base. I have some recent pieces to add to this, but I always forget to follow up on that when I get home at night.

Currently waiting to hear back on a job interview I had. I feel like it went pretty well. The interview was supposed to be 30-45 minutes and it wound up being and hour and 45 minutes. I guess that's a good sign. We'll see ...

Could a "MacGyver" considered an occupation? I mean, I always hear people who pull a MacGyver, so why couldn't that be an occupation? Like if I made a business card, I could put:

Chris Bland
Maverick, Innovator, MacGyver

Even though it's a proper name, the word does indicate a high level of resourcefulness and being able to work with limited tools to accomplish great goals...in some cases this may mean diffusing nuclear warheads with a pack of matches and a staple gun. Thoughts are welcome on this matter.

2 comments:

Markorama said...

Def. post your freelance work. Let me now if your looking for a commerical printer I'm familiar with alot of them in the area.

By the way I can offer you an unpaid internship at Sylvan this fall, but I assume with the two kids and all that wouldn't work.

CB said...

trying to post stuff to no avail. I'll get it on there though...somehow, someway.
Thanks for the internship, but I'm in the midst of a paying-job hunt now and with work, kids, and school starting back up in Fall, my availability is shot. I very much appreciate the offer though!